Is It An Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are serious, potentially life-threatening, medical conditions that affect both physical and emotional health.
People with eating disorders often have:
- Abnormal eating patterns or dieting behaviors
- Obsessive thoughts about food, body shape, or weight
- Psychological problems, such as depression or anxiety
Common Eating Disorders
- Refusal or inability to maintain a normal body weight
- Preoccupation with body size and shape
- Recurrent episodes of binge eating
- Inappropriate behaviors, such as self-induced vomiting
- Dissatisfaction with body size and shape
|Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Recurrent binge eating without behaviors to undo the effects of binge eating
- Repeated, unsuccessful dieting
- Disgust, embarrassment, or guilt about overeating
The good news is that eating disorders are treatable.
Learn more about the COPE (Center for Overcoming Problem Eating) treatment program and how it can help you, or a loved one, regain control.