Pearl™ and Pearl Fractional
Pearl Laser Treatment
The Pearl laser procedure can help renew your skin’s surface — in one or two treatments — minimizing:
- Uneven texture
Pearl laser treatment may be right for you if you have:
- Light to medium skin tone
- Mild to moderate sun damage
How it works
During Pearl laser treatment, the top layer of skin is treated with pulses of light and the deeper layers of skin are heated. You will feel a mild pinching sensation.
A natural “dressing” immediately forms on the skin.
Treatments take about 15 minutes.
- For a few days after Pearl laser treatment, your face will feel and appear sunburned.
- During this time, you may continue your normal daily activities, but may wish to limit social activities.
- The dressing peels off, three to four days after treatment, to reveal new, healthy skin.
- At this point, you can wear makeup.
Pearl Fractional Laser Treatment
Pearl Fractional is a deep fractional laser used to treat moderate to severe sun damaged or aging skin on the entire face.
Ideal candidates for Pearl Fractional treatment are those with light to medium skin tones and skin imperfections due to:
- Acne scars
- Deep wrinkles
- Sun damage
How it works
Pearl Fractional laser treatment stimulates your body’s own collagen-producing process to plump the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and other imperfections.
During treatment, you will feel fast, hot pinches as the laser pulses place tiny holes in the skin and selectively remove columns of damaged tissue. The treatment stimulates your body's natural process for creating new collagen, plumping the skin from below to reverse the appearance of skin imperfections, which may shorten healing time.
A topical anesthetic cream will be applied prior to treatment to alleviate most of the discomfort.
- Your skin will feel sunburned and may be slightly swollen.
- Recovery time is about five days.
- Results are visible about one week after treatment, with maximum results appearing in one to three months.
- Most patients experience desired results with just one treatment.
- Skin can continue to improve for up to six months after treatment.
Pearl™ is a trademark of Cutera, Inc.