Ultherapy is a noninvasive ultrasound procedure using a device called the Ulthera™ system. Uthera is used for:
- Skin tightening
- Rejuvenation for improved jawline definition
- Neck contouring
- Upper eyelid hooding.
Patients describe the feeling as a deep heat or prickling sensation as the energy is being delivered to the skin. Comfort levels vary from person to person, but most patients are able to tolerate the treatment without medication.
The regenerative process begins immediately following the treatment. The full effect will gradually build over the course of two to three months.
Completely noninvasive, Thermage® radiofrequency treatments stimulate the growth of new collagen for:
- Softened wrinkles and lines
- Tighter, smoother skin
- An overall younger appearance
The Thermage device tightens and contours:
- Sagging skin, such as “turkey neck”
- Crepey skin texture on the eyelids
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead
How it Works
Thermage uses radio frequency technology to gently heat the deep layers of your skin. This deep heating stimulates your body’s natural skin renewal process to tighten existing collagen and form new collagen.
At the same time, Thermage cools the surface of your skin to keep it intact, so your skin needs no recovery time.
- All you will feel during treatment is a brief, deep-heating sensation.
- The procedure can take from 20 minutes to two hours, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- You may experience mild redness or swelling after the procedure. These effects resolve quickly.
Benefits and Results of Thermage Treatments
- Thermage requires no injections or anesthesia and minimal recovery time.
- A single treatment is typically all that you will need.
- After treatment, your skin should feel tighter and smoother. You also may see some visible improvement.
- Over time, sagging or wrinkled skin will be replaced with smoother, tighter skin that has improved tone and texture.
- The effects may continue to improve for up to six months following a single treatment and can last for years depending on your skin condition and natural aging process.
Thermage is a registered trademark of Solta Medical, Inc.