UPMC Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention and Treatment Center
More than 100,000 new cases of colorectal cancer are diagnosed in this country each year. But thanks to improvements in screening and prevention in the last two decades, new treatment options have given hope to many affected by this disease.
Our experts at the Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention and Treatment Center specialize in early diagnosis, treatment, and prevention strategies for cancers that develop in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, including the:
Why Choose UPMC for GI Cancer Treatment?
Here is what sets the Gastrointestinal Cancer Prevention and Treatment Center apart:
- We ensure coordinated care through our collaboration with UPMC Hillman Cancer Center. By linking the expertise of our GI experts to skilled medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists, we can provide care that is tailored to your condition, no matter how complex.
- Among our team are world experts in the field of GI cancers. This ensures that you receive the highest standard of care complemented by the latest cancer treatment.
- We lead cutting-edge research that is helping to create new methods for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of GI cancers.
- We offer access to the Barrett's Esophagus Specialty Treatment (BEST) Clinic. This specialty clinic treats the impact that Barrett’s esophagus can have on the esophagus in order to reduce the patient’s risk of cancer.
- Our doctors employ the latest screening tools for proper diagnosis of GI cancers, such as chromoendoscopy and narrow-band imaging.