Conditions We Treat at the UPMC Center for Liver Diseases
Liver diseases are typically progressive. This means they often require individualized care from onset through advanced-stage disease.
At the UPMC Center for Liver Diseases, our hepatologists provide seamless care — and will be your single point of contact — throughout the progression of your disease.
With a focus on early diagnosis and timely intervention, the UPMC liver disease team has extensive experience in treating all kinds of conditions.
Some of the liver conditions we treat include:
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Alpha-1 antritrypsin deficiency
- Cirrhosis of the liver and it's complications (refractory ascites, hydrothorax, hepatic encephalopathy, and GI bleeding secondary to esophageal/gastric varices)
- Fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Hereditary hemochromatosis
- Portal hypertension and its complications
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Tumors of the liver (hemangioma, adenoma, and focal nodular hyperplasia)
- Wilson’s disease
In each of these areas, we coordinate our liver disease care with other UPMC specialists to provide the most appropriate treatment plan tailored to your needs.