If you are having an emergency, please go to the nearest Emergency Department.
Office Hours and Availability
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Each doctor typically sees patients one or two days a week. Throughout the rest of the week, the doctors have responsibilities within UPMC, including performing surgery, teaching, and conducting research.
- A doctor from our practice is available at all times. In addition, an ear, nose, and throat resident is available 24 hours a day for urgent and emergency care.
- During off-hours, our telephones are answered by a call service. For all non-emergency calls, the operator will take a message, and we will return your call the next working day.
- If your problem is urgent, tell the receptionist. He or she will then contact your doctor, who will call you back as soon as possible.
Please call our main office in Oakland at 412-647-2100. The best times to call are between 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. and between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
When speaking with an appointment scheduler:
- Tell them which doctor you would like to see
- What problem you're having
- Please mention if it's your first visit
The Pennsylvania Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) can assist people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or speech-disabled. You can reach TRS at 1 (800) 654-5988.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
If they have not already been sent to the office, please remember to bring your:
- CT or MRI scans
- Lab reports
- Medical records
If your visit requires a referral from your primary care physician, please remember to bring it along with your insurance and identification cards, and any applicable co-payment.
Please arrive at the office 10 minutes prior to your appointment to complete your registration and insurance information. If you are a new patient, please bring your completed new patient questionnaire with you.
Insurance or Payment Questions
We accept most major medical insurances. All copays will be collected on the day of service.
For any services provided that are not covered by your insurer, payment is expected at the time of service.
If you have questions about the health plans we accept or about our payment policies, please contact our office at (412) 647-2100.
View list of insurance plans accepted by University Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists.
Paying Your Bills Online
You can pay your bills online at http://paybill.upmc.com, UPMC's safe, secure website created for patients.