Dedicated to the evaluation and care of voice disorders, the UPMC Voice Center is a unique resource for both the general public and those who use their voices professionally.
To treat voice disorders, the Voice Center offers a combination of behavioral, medical, and surgical approaches.
- Thyroplasty, arytenoid adduction, and vocal cord augmentation - to restore your voice following vocal cord paralysis
- Vocal cord microsurgery - specialized microsurgery to treat vocal cord lesions such as polyps, cysts, and scars
- BOTOX® injections of vocal cords - to reduce tight, squeezed phonation and voice breaks caused by spasmodic dysphonia or essential tremor
- Laryngeal reconstruction - to repair a narrowed or injured throat or windpipe
- Laryngeal microspot laser surgery - precise laser treatment of vocal cord problems such as bleeding
- Voice therapy - to rehabilitate and maximize the physiology of voice production
- Singing voice therapy - to rehabilitate the injured singing voice