Heart Tests and Procedures
Diagnostic tests and procedures help doctors at the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute evaluate cardiovascular diseases and plan treatment.
Some of the tests and procedures we perform include:
- Heart catheterization — state-of-the-art imaging technology to diagnose and treat common, complex, and even life-threatening heart and vascular conditions.
- Transradial cardiac catheterization — a more comfortable alternative to traditional heart catheterization.
- Cardiac genetic testing — cutting-edge diagnostic testing and treatments for all forms of hereditary cardiovascular diseases.
- Cardiac imaging — advanced echocardiography, cardiac MRI, and nuclear imaging technology to diagnose heart disease.
- Electrophysiology — expert risk identification and a variety of therapies to diagnose and treat arrhythmias and other heart rhythm disorders.
- EECP (enhanced external counterpulsation) therapy — noninvasive procedure to help relieve chest pain and to treat heart disease and heart failure.
- Nuclear stress testing — one of the most common tests doctors use to diagnose and treat many cardiovascular conditions.
Why Choose UPMC for Heart and Vascular Care?
Make an appointment
» To make an appointment or learn more about our services, contact the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Learn More About Cardiovascular Tests and Procedures
See our Patient Education Materials or visit our Health Library to learn more about the full range of diagnostic tests we offer at the Heart and Vascular Institute.