For Physicians: Referral Checklist for UPMC's Artificial Heart Program
If your patient could benefit from VAD implantation, call our 24-hour physician referral line at 1-866-884-8579.
When you're ready to refer your patient to our program, please send us the following information:
- Demographics: patient name, address, birth date, social security number, contact name, and telephone number
- Insurance information: carrier, identification number, group number, and insurance carrier's telephone number
- Pertinent medical records: history/physical and reports for operative, radiological, and diagnostic procedures
- Recent laboratory reports
- Reports from previous transplant evaluations, along with letters of acceptance or decline to transplant from other medical providers
- Primary care physician's name, address, and telephone number
Interested in learning more about heart and vascular treatments?
Request an appointment today.