Training: Residencies and Fellowships at UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine ranks among the top medical schools in the United States. Through a partnership with the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute, the school's innovative curriculum provides residents and fellows with intensive hands-on training.
Our heart and vascular experts take pride in educating and training the cardiovascular doctors and surgeons of the future. A core commitment is to offer residents and fellows the best education experiences as we provide high quality, safe patient care.
Cardiology Fellowship Training Program
This training program in cardiovascular medicine offers fellows:
- Exposure to the latest cardiovascular imaging and interventional and electrophysiological techniques.
- Superior clinical training at UPMC facilities.
- Nationally recognized basic science, translational, and clinical cardiovascular research programs.
Learn more about the Cardiology Fellowship from the Division of Cardiology.
Cardiac Surgery Residency and Fellowship Training Programs
Through our cardiothoracic surgery residency and advanced adult cardiac surgery fellowship programs, students receive training in surgical techniques such as:
- Coronary bypass grafting.
- Valve repair and replacement.
- Endoscopic procedures and the latest minimally invasive therapies.
Get details at the Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency and Fellowship website.
Vascular Surgery Residency and Fellowship Programs
Residency and fellowship programs offer vascular surgery trainees:
- Endovascular interventional experience.
- Clinical noninvasive vascular laboratory education.
- Operative experience in treating all types of vascular conditions, including aortic disease, aneurysms, and traumatic vascular injuries.
Find out more about Vascular Surgery Residencies and Fellowships.