Vascular Ultrasound Screenings at Magee-Womens Imaging
Vascular diseases may have no symptoms in the early stages. When symptoms appear, the disease has already progressed to some degree.
At Magee-Womens Imaging, we offer vascular screenings using using state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment.
This fast, painless imaging procedure can give your doctor information about the state of your blood vessels and your potential risk for complications of vascular disease.
Board-certified radiologists and vascular surgeons at Magee-Womens Imaging use vascular ultrasound to:
- Find aneurysms in the aorta
- Discover clogging of the carotid artery
- Diagnose hardening of the arteries of the legs and arms
Our physicians then share the results with your doctor and collaborate to provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan to best suit your needs.
Learn about vascular treatments using interventional radiology procedures.
Who Should Have a Vascular Screening?
Early detection is key.
People with one or more of the following risk factors should consider vascular screening:
- Age 60 and over, especially men
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes
- Personal history of heavy smoking
- Family history of aneurysms