Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
The resident will investigate and evaluate his or her own patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve patient care practices.
- Uses information technology to prepare for surgical cases, bringing to the OR the knowledge of current modalities of care and the scientific evidence for that care.
- Routinely analyzes the effectiveness of own practices in caring for hand patients.
- Improves own practices in the care of hand patients by integrating appropriately gathered data and feedback.
- Educates medical students and other healthcare professionals in the practices of hand surgery.
- Functions independently with graduated advancement and appropriate faculty supervision.