Offering a Continuum of Superior Rehabilitative Care
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and our partner organizations provide quality care by offering unique areas of service and expertise.
Some of our partnering organizations and groups include:
- UPMC Rehabilitation Institute
A nationally recognized center of excellence for physical rehabilitation, the UPMC Rehabilitation Institute offers accredited, specialized inpatient care after:
- UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
One of the largest networks of community-based, comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation services in western Pennsylvania, the center includes a large selection of:
- Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants
- Occupational therapists and certified occupational therapy assistants
- Rehab aides
- Center for Assistive Technology
A joint program of UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh that provides products, services, and new innovations in the assistive technology field.
- UPMC Stroke Institute
Focuses on quality patient care through:
- A multidisciplinary approach
- Flourishing clinical research programs
- Ongoing educational efforts for health professionals and the community
- Academic Partners
Provide the leading-edge research and resources that make UPMC one of the most progressive organizations in the country.