Heritage Place Services
Heritage Place provides quality health care to its residents and offers a variety of programs that meet the needs of people who no longer require care in a hospital, but need 24-hour nursing and other personal care services.
- Registered and licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants — specialists in caring for the elderly — work cooperatively to plan and deliver individualized care to each resident. The staff is dedicated to providing comprehensive services that address the physical, psychological, and social needs of each resident.
- Registered nurse supervisors direct nursing care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Residents may continue using their personal physicians if they are on the Heritage Place medical staff. If not, one can be selected from the list of physicians provided.
- Heritage Place offers 24 hour visitations every day.
For persons requiring 24-hour nursing care, Heritage Place also offers the following specialized services on site:
- IV therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Private/semi private rooms
- Hyperalimentation (TPN)
- Wound care services
- Short term rehabilitation
- Hospice care services
- Respite care
- Feeding tubes
- Respiratory care
- Dialysis services
- Digital imaging
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Pastoral care
- In the activity room, an activity director coordinates games, arts and crafts, sports, music, and other entertainment for the residents. The room has computer access and a large-screen TV.
- Residents’ spiritual needs are fulfilled through weekly religious and worship services.
- At any time, residents and families may gather in the newly decorated lounge, or on the covered outdoor patio, to enjoy a friendly chat or an uplifting view of the lovely surroundings.
- Three delicious meals are provided each day in the gracious and elegant dining room. Kosher meals through an outside catering company are available upon request.
- Residents enjoy the in-house personal care salon and make use of the laundry service.
- Residents are encouraged to decorate their bedrooms with personal items, such as furniture, bedspreads, and photographs.
- Resident council, and caregiver support groups meet on a regular basis. The open forums provide opportunities to share information and discuss new programs and residents’ progress.
- In a time of need, the 24-hour visitation policy is a valued feature.
- WIFI is available through out the facility.
Heritage Place is committed to providing residents a secure environment by equipping each of the three floors with:
- On-site surveillance
- Coded doors
- An emergency evacuation plan
Heritage Place successfully bridges the gap between hospital and home by providing continuing care for patients who have been in the hospital for major surgery, neurological diseases, cancer, or other medical treatments.
- Traditional skilled care, provided by licensed health care professionals, offers skilled nursing or rehabilitation services for a defined period of time.
- Intermediate care provides around-the-clock nursing supervision and restorative care. This program enables residents to maintain the highest level of independence in a homelike setting.
- Respite care is offered as a short-term, temporary stay. When a family desires some personal time, a loved one may be admitted for respite care where Heritage Place staff will tend to their needs.
- Hospice care works in conjunction with several hospice agencies to provide residents and family members with support services for coping with the end stages of life.
- Comprehensive wound care is facilitated by a registered nurse with special experience in wound care.
- Palliative care nurse practitioner is on site.
Rehabilitation therapy is an important part of Heritage Place’s complete care program. Heritage Place’s short-stay rehabilitation program offers an alternative for patients who can tolerate only a few hours of rehab a day or whose medical issues prohibit recovery at a rapid pace.
The rehab program at Heritage Place is part of UPMC’s Institute for Rehabilitation and Research (IRR). Trained staff and IRR research physicians intertwine research with the rehabilitation services offered at Heritage Place.
As a result, Heritage Place residents reap the combined benefits of outstanding physical, occupational, speech, and restorative therapies as physicians work to develop new treatments that are shared across UPMC.
The 25-bed, short-stay rehabilitation unit provides convenient access to the well-equipped, spacious therapy area.
Heritage Place is certified by Medicare and Medicaid. It is annually surveyed by the Department of Health and most insurance plans are accepted. For more information, or to schedule a personal visit at Heritage Place, call 412-422-5100.