Seneca Place Features
Family council, resident council, and caregiver support groups are provided through social services. The meetings provide opportunities to share information and discuss new programs and a residents' progress.
Seneca Place is committed to providing residents a secure environment. Each floor is equipped with on-site surveillance, coded doors, and an emergency evacuation plan.
- Three delicious meals are provided each day in the gracious and elegant dining room.
- In addition to dementia activity programs, our support services include scheduled socials and activities, community-sponsored events, and educational programs.
- Pet therapy is unique to this UPMC skilled facility. The unconditional affection and humorous antics of a furry kitten or puppy lifts the spirits of residents and staff. In addition, a resident’s family pet may visit Seneca Place during a scheduled time.
- The activity director coordinates exercise programs, games, arts and crafts, sports, music, and other entertainment. Residents may partake in less physical activities, such as watching a favorite program on the big-screen TV or a visit to the computer learning center, which is equipped with Internet access.
- Gardening is a favorite pastime for ambulatory residents and for people in wheelchairs. Residents enjoy fresh air and using their “green thumb” as they work with potted vegetables and flowering plants in the covered patio area. Weather permitting, residents can enjoy a peaceful stroll along the walking path or relaxing in the courtyard.
- Residents’ spiritual needs are fulfilled with on-site pastoral counseling and interdenominational church services.
- Residents may shop at the on-site gift shop or take advantage of public transportation and visit the theatre or nearby Monroeville Mall.
- Residents enjoy the in-house personal care salon and barber shop, and may make use of the personal laundry service. Complete housekeeping services are appreciated by both residents and their families.