Dance Performance at UPMC Sports Medicine
UPMC Sports Medicine's staff of experts assesses, treats, and rehabilitates dance-related injuries.
Our physical therapists and athletic trainers are members of the Performing Arts Special Interest Group of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
They are also active and contributing members of the Dance/USA medical taskforce committee.
We can help improve and prolong your dance career through dance-specific assessments and training.
Dance Performance Program Services and Features
Our full-service program addresses all aspects of dance performance.
Our services for dancers include:
- Evaluations and consults of dance-related injuries.
- Tailored treatment, rehab, and injury prevention programs.
- Functional movement assessments of daily activities and dance movement patterns through video analysis.
Our experts also assess:
- Muscle imbalance
- Total strength and core strength
- Neuromuscular firing patterns
Dance Training Focus Areas
Our dance performance training team provides:
- Core stabilization and strength training.
- Flexibility training.
- Cardiovascular conditioning.
- Dance-specific training.
Returning to Dance After an Injury
The experts at UPMC Sports Medicine can design dance-specific functional training programs.
These programs will help you return to a high level of dance performance after injury, at a useful and safe pace.
Make An Appointment at UPMC Sports Medicine Dance Performance
To make an appointment or learn more about our Dance Performance program, contact UPMC Sports Medicine at 1-855-93-SPORT (77678).