Comprehensive Liver Care
The success of our liver transplant program is bolstered by the strength of our liver subspecialty programs.
At the UPMC Comprehensive Liver Center, patients with any form of liver disease have streamlined access to the most advanced and comprehensive care.
Our experts have a wealth of experience managing every type of liver disease, including:
The Comprehensive Liver Center is a collaborative partnership of the UPMC:
Exploring All Options: Comprehensive Medical Alternatives
In addition to addressing acute and end-stage liver disease, the Comprehensive Liver Center offers advanced therapies and treatment options for patients:
- With liver diseases that, while not immediately life-threatening, may diminish their quality of life
- Who are not eligible for liver transplantation
- Advanced medical management of acute and chronic liver diseases
- Liver resection for malignancies
- Bile duct reconstruction
- Surgical and nonsurgical reduction of portal hypertension and variceal bleeding
- Intrahepatic arterial chemotherapy for patients with liver cancer