Financial Assistance for UPMC Medical Care
Committed to the Health of Our Region
UPMC offers financial assistance for medical care to eligible individuals and families.
This financial assistance program stems from our charitable mission of providing health care services to residents of western Pennsylvania, regardless of their financial status or ability to pay.
Eligibility for Financial Assistance
Patients may be eligible for financial assistance if they:
- Have limited or no health insurance.
- Are not eligible for government assistance, such as Medicare or Medicaid.
- Can show they have financial need.
- Reside in the primary service area of a UPMC provider.
- Provide UPMC with necessary information about household finances.
More information on eligibility is available on our Financial Assistance Policy page.
Applying for Financial Assistance
UPMC encourages patients to apply for financial assistance if they believe that they are unable to pay all or part of their UPMC bill.
- Complete the UPMC Financial Assistance Application form (formulario de Solicitud de Asistencia Financiera).
- Attach supporting documents, listed on the application, to prove your income.
- Mail your completed application and necessary documents to:
UPMC Financial Assistance
Quantum Building, Third floor
2 Hot Metal St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Need help or have questions?
Learn more about the financial assistance application process.