Lithuania: Oncology Services
Lithuania currently has only one National Cancer Center dedicated to comprehensive diagnosis and treatment, UPMC and GK Klinika partnered to develop and co-manage an oncology hospital in Vilnius, Lithuania.
Scheduled to open in 2017, UPMC will provide assistance with project planning, construction and training, and will co-manage all clinical and administrative activities under the 15-year agreement.
The first stage will include 100 beds, diagnostics, in-patient and out-patient treatment and a clinical/research center. The second stage of the project will include hospice care with 50-100 beds.
UPMC will also assist GK Klinika in:
- Hiring and training staff in Pittsburgh and Vilnius
- Developing early cancer detection programs
- Conducting genomics-testing pilot project
- Providing disease-specific treatment algorithms
- Advanced surgery consults
- Telemedicine consults