With 11,000 nurses in national and international settings, UPMC is in the vanguard of innovative initiatives to advance patient care and professional nursing practice across the continuum of care.
The UPMC nurse is:
- On a quest, searching for ways to not only be the best nurse he or she can be, but also for ways to deliver the best care to patients.
- Always learning, in a system that supports growth. He or she is developing his or her leadership, knowledge, and clinical skills to meet personal and professional goals within a world-class organization.
- Evolving; respectfully challenging the status quo; pushing himself or herself, no matter the setting; and helping to drive the continual evolution of his or her facility and the system as a whole.
- A compassionate, innovative, and resourceful individual who embraces the need to always keep things moving forward: the system, the standards, and themselves.
- Authentically engages physicians and the interdisciplinary team to provide excellent patient care.
UPMC nurses inspire each other through strong personal connections and a stellar work ethic. Their relentless commitment to quality, discovery, and growth creates an energy and excitement that is the hallmark of the UPMC nursing culture.
To become better acquainted with Nursing at UPMC, visit our 2012 Nursing Annual Report website.