Nurses can start, or continue their careers at UPMC and take advantage of the many opportunities that UPMC affords them.
Spotlight on Nursing Specialties
With all of the choices UPMC offers nurses, it’s challenging to know what specialties and opportunities are available! To help you learn about various positions and opportunities, we feature a specialty or job type here. Check back periodically to see what we’re currently featuring.
- Attention certified registered nurse practitioners (CRNP): Would you thrive in an inpatient acute care setting, working daylight hours, Mondays through Fridays? UPMC Passavant has a great opportunity for a CRNP to help support an inpatient medical/surgical nursing unit. This position is full-time and will work daylight hours, M-F. The CRNP will assist in providing continuity of patient care on a designated inpatient nursing unit by performing physical exams, ordering appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures, documenting patient information, and providing education to patients, families, and staff. If interested please call Lisa Yourish, nurse recruiter, at 412-367-6866. Job ID: 2030325.
- For nurses with a calling for end-of-life palliative care and pain management, UPMC Home Health is looking for master’s prepared nurses to serve as a clinician, educator, and consultant. Job ID: 2013765. Or email email@example.com.
- If you are a nurse with strong assessment, teaching, and collaboration skills, in this role you will see patients in their home within 24 hours of a non-admission ED visit in order to reduce readmissions. You will be pivotal in reducing readmissions: coordination of care, medication understanding and compliance, engaging the patient and family with actively participating in care, and timely coordination with the physician and entire healthcare team. This is a full-time position with UPMC/Jefferson Regional Home Health working Monday through Friday daylight with varying weekend hours. You can apply to Job IDs 2028079 (North)or 2028082 (South), or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you an experienced flight nurse? Here are opportunities to join us as a full-time flight nurse! For the Altoona area apply to Job ID 2028414, in the Clearfield area Job ID 2028417. For more information email email@example.com.
- Do you have mental health/psychiatric nursing experience? Home care is a very rewarding setting to practice your specialty! UPMC/Jefferson Regional Home Health has daylight (varying weekends) positions available for several territories. Locations and Job IDs: full-time: Washington County - 2028291, New Kensington areas - 2019961, Shadyside areas - 2014801, and East Pittsburgh - 1075870, part-time: Greensburg/McKeesport areas – 2026821. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPMC offers nurses the chance to grow and develop their professional careers in countless directions and a variety of settings, including:
- community, urban, and regional hospitals
- rehabilitation and long-term care facilities
- outpatient clinics
- international operations
Learn more about your nursing choices at UPMC.
There are innumerable opportunities for registered nurses at UPMC. Nurses have the opportunity for professional development through the clinical pathway, which rewards and promotes nurses for experience, specialty certifications, and education.
Learn more about My Nursing Career for RNs.