UPMC Nursing, in collaboration with UPMC Human Resources, is designing systems for leadership development, talent management, and succession planning.
These systems will support UPMC’s growing need for increased depth of leadership.
Leadership development programs will be created through targeted developmental opportunities and pathways for nursing leadership development, from staff through the executive level.
These programs will support an environment rich in leaders who are prepared to meet the challenges of UPMC today and in the future.
The UPMC Leadership Development philosophy is that all nurses have leadership potential.
The infrastructure for Leadership Development at UPMC is a combination of:
- Formal and informal education
- Targeted task assignments and development
- Consistent, developmental coaching
- Individual assessments and consistent feedback
- Compensation and reward systems that reinforce the value of leadership