Tips for Copying and Pasting Your Resume
- When copying and pasting a resume, we require a minimum of 250
characters per resume.
- This space may also be used to provide a cover letter in addition to a
- Use asterisk (*) instead of bullets to set off a list.
- In place of bold text, use capital letters to designate category headings.
- If you already have an electronic copy of your resume, you may either
click Return to Previous Page and select the
Upload a New Resume option or you can copy the text and paste
it into the box provided.
- If you choose to copy and paste a resume that was created using word
processing software, such as Microsoft Word, first save your resume as a
text-only file. Web-based forms, such as the resume entry form, aren't able to
interpret many of the formatting commands and special characters commonly used
in word processing programs. These include the use of bold text, tabs, and
bullets. Saving your resume as a text-only file, strips the document of this
type of formatting.
Please note: If you choose to Cut and Paste a resume, the
information included will NOT default into the application section. You will
still be responsible for completing this portion of the