Within this section, you may choose from the following resume submission options:
The option you select will be linked to the jobs for which you are applying during this session. Selecting a resume option is required to apply for a position.
Use an Existing Resume
Select a resume used from your past applications.
Tips for Copying and Pasting Your Resume
- When copying and pasting a resume, we require a minimum of 250 characters per resume.
- This space may also be used to provide a cover letter in addition to a resume.
- Use asterisk (*) instead of bullets to set off a list.
- In place of bold text, use capital letters to designate category headings.
- If you already have an electronic copy of your resume, you may either click Return to Previous Page and select the Upload a New Resume option or you can copy the text and paste it into the box provided.
- If you choose to copy and paste a resume that was created using word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, first save your resume as a text-only file. Web-based forms, such as the resume entry form, aren't able to interpret many of the formatting commands and special characters commonly used in word processing programs. These include the use of bold text, tabs, and bullets. Saving your resume as a text-only file, strips the document of this type of formatting.
Please note: If you choose to Cut and Paste a resume, the information included will NOT default into the application section. You will still be responsible for completing this portion of the application.
Tips for Applying without a Resume
- When you select the “apply without a resume” option, you will not be required to copy and paste, upload or use an existing resume to complete the application process.
- You will be required to complete additional sections of the UPMC job application (education, work history, references, and questionnaire).
- The application that you complete will be used to determine your qualifications for the job(s) that you are applying for. Should you decide to utilize the “apply without a resume” option, please be thorough and accurate with the information you submit to ensure that it best represents your education and work history.
Uploading a Resume
When you select the Upload a Resume option and click Continue, you will navigate to a page where you can upload your resume. On this page, click the Browse button to search for your resume on your computer. This will open a Choose Resume dialog box where you can find your resume file. Click on that file and click Open. This will retrieve the full address of the file you wish to upload. Click on the Upload button to then attach your resume to your application and continue.
- If you wish to also provide a cover letter, please include that in the same document as your resume.
- Only resumes with the following file extensions can be uploaded: .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word) or .txt (Notepad or a Text Editor).
- Files must be less than 500KB in size.
- You must still complete the entire process in order to submit your application and resume.
Please note: If you choose to upload a new resume, certain sections of that resume will default into the application section. You will be responsible for verifying all information related to education and work history that has defaulted into the application fields.
Give your uploaded resume a title by entering it into the Resume Title text box. This resume will be available for you to utilize for future applications once you complete the application process.
Click on the View Attachment link to preview the resume that you will be submitting.
- Click Continue if you’re satisfied with the resume you’ve selected.
- Click the Return to Previous Page link to return to the resume option webpage if you would like to choose a new resume option.
- Click Close to cancel the application process and return to the main careers webpage.
Please note: Once an application has been successfully submitted, your information will save for the next time you apply. However, if you choose to upload a new resume, it will overwrite all application information previously saved.