Summer Student Nurse Internship - May 20, to July 27, 2013
Are you a junior going into your senior year of nursing school? Then enhance your nursing education with a meaningful summer internship experience at UPMC.
What you'll gain from the Summer Student Nurse Internship
|10-week paid internship
||Earn money over the summer while preparing for the real work of professional nursing. The internship will begin on Sunday, May 20, and end on Friday, July 27, 2013.|
|Opportunities at most UPMC campuses
||Intern at one of our campuses throughout western Pennsylvania and carry exciting learning experiences into your professional life.|
|Professional nurse preceptor
||Collaborate with your professional nurse preceptor to provide evidence-based care to patients.|
|Supervised clinical experience
||Improve your organizational, time management, prioritization, and critical thinking skills while enhancing clinical skills.|
|Professional development workshops
||Focus on your professional growth and development while networking with your peers and nursing leaders at UPMC.|
||Take advantage of this opportunity to showcase your professionalism, enthusiasm, and clinical skills to potential employers. |
Apply for the Summer Student Nurse Internship
- Applications for the 2013 Summer Student Nurse Internship will be accepted from Friday, Nov. 2, to Friday, Dec. 7.
- Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Your online application, official transcript, and hospital choice are needed in order for your application to be considered complete.
- For detailed application instructions and eligibility requirements view the PDF.
- To apply please follow the steps below:
- Submit an online application using job opening ID# 2027166 in the advanced search window.
- Submit your hospital of choice in your resume’s purpose/objective section.
- Submit your official college transcript postmarked by Friday, Dec. 7. Please mail your transcript to:
Melanie Shatzer, Director, Academic Service Partnerships
200 Lothrop Street
11081 Forbes Tower
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- After the completed online application and official college transcript are received a receipt confirmation message will be sent to the email provided on the application.
Questions? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.