Physician Services Division (PSD) Summer Residency Program
The Physician Services fellowship track will recruit potential applicants through the summer residency program.
The Physician Services Division (PSD) summer residency is a 12 to 13 week program.
|Who It's For
||What You'll Gain|
Students pursuing an MBA, MHA, MPH, or equivalent master-level degree.
Practical health care management experience in various departments and practices throughout PSD.
The summer residency program will offer opportunities to:
- Gain broad exposure to various aspects of PSD.
- Better understand the role of PSD — as it relates to various divisions within UPMC — and improve knowledge of the structure of a fully integrated academic medical center.
- Strengthen health care experience through work on various projects.
- Observe executive-level meetings.
- Improve management, leadership, communication, networking, and analytical skills.
Each resident will be:
- Assigned to a preceptor at the executive administrative level or above.
- Exposed to different areas within PSD that lie outside the immediate department assignment, if desired.
Upon successful completion of the summer residency, participants will be invited to apply to the post-graduate Physician Services fellowship.