APP Cardiac Surgery Residency Program Application Process
The Department of Surgery will select at least one qualified applicants to participate in a 12-month residency.
Eligible applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Graduate (prior to the residency start date) of an accredited physician assistant or acute care nurse practitioner program
- Available for an in-person interview during the months of April - May.
Physician assistant graduates:
- PANCE certification (if applicable)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A current state PA license, certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required prior to start date
Nurse practitioner graduates:
- BSN, MSN Candidate is preferred
- A current state RN license and CRNP certification is required prior to start date
- ACNP preferred
How to Apply
Applicants will complete the two-step application process:
1. Apply online to Job Opening ID # 471600.
2. Applicants will submit the following materials in their entirety by postal mail:
Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Copies of Pennsylvania Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal narrative
- Official transcripts from NP/PA Program- must be mailed directly from school to our office
- Copy of ACLS certification card
- Copy of CPR card
- Three letters of recommendation (one from clinical coordinator and preferred one from surgical/Cardiac surgery rotation if applicable)
- APP Application Checklist
Please mail the required documents to:
UPMC Advanced Practice Provider Cardiac Surgery Residency Program
UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, Suite C-903
200 Lothrop St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Attn: Angela Kinnunen
Acceptance to residency program is contingent upon successful completion of the UPMC credentialing process and a pre-employment health screening.
Deadline for all applications to be received is Friday, May 13, 2016.