The Department of Surgery will select at least two qualified applicants to participate in a 12-month residency.
Eligible applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Graduate (prior to the residency start date) of an accredited physician assistant or acute care nurse practitioner program
- Available for an in-person interview during the months of April - May.
Physician assistant graduates:
- PANCE certification (if applicable)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A current state PA license, certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required prior to start date
Nurse practitioner graduates:
- BSN, MSN Candidate is preferred
- A current state RN license and CRNP certification is required prior to start date
- ACNP preferred
How to Apply
Applicants will complete the two-step application process:
1. Apply online to Job Opening ID # 468193.
2. Applicants will submit the following materials in their entirety by postal mail:
Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Copies of Pennsylvania Act 33, 34, and 73 clearances
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal narrative
- Official transcripts from NP/PA Program- must be mailed directly from school to our office
- Copy of ACLS certification card
- Copy of CPR card
- Three letters of recommendation (one from clinical coordinator and preferred one from surgical rotation if applicable)
- APP Application Checklist
Please mail the required documents to:
UPMC Advanced Practice Provider Postgraduate Residency Program
Forbes Tower, Suite 9048
200 Lothrop St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Acceptance to residency program is contingent upon successful completion of the UPMC credentialing process and a pre-employment health screening.
Deadline for all applications to be received is Friday, April 15, 2016.