APP Surgical Residency Program Application Process
The Department of Surgery will select at least two qualified applicants to participate in a 12-month residency.
Eligible applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Graduate (prior to the residency start date) of an accredited physician assistant or acute care nurse practitioner program
- Available for an in-person interview during the months of April - May.
Physician assistant graduates:
- PANCE certification (if applicable)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- A current state PA license, certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required prior to start date
Nurse practitioner graduates:
- BSN, MSN Candidate is preferred
- A current state RN license and CRNP certification is required prior to start date
- ACNP preferred
How to Apply to the Surgical Residency
We are not currently accepting applications.
Acceptance to residency program is contingent upon successful completion of the UPMC credentialing process and a pre-employment health screening.
The application window is now closed. Please check back in January 2018 for information on the next application cycle.