How to Apply
Application Procedure Checklist
The following items must be submitted prior to being considered for admission. Testing by appointment only.
- Complete a UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing PSB Nursing School Aptitude Examination — RN Registration Form and mail your money order in the amount of $50 payable to Mercy Hospital School of Nursing to:
Kristin Canute, Coordinator of Pre-Admission Testing
UPMC Schools of Nursing
1401 Blvd. of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
The following steps are to be completed only upon passage of the PSB Nursing School Aptitude Examination or proof of acceptable SAT/ACT scores:
- Mail the completed application for admission with your admission essay and a non-refundable check or money order in the amount of $50 payable to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing.
- Two reference forms, submitted directly to the School of Nursing, are required. Complete and sign Section I of two copies of the recommendation forms. Forward the signed copies to two individuals for their recommendations. Persons writing recommendations should mail the completed forms directly to the school of nursing.
- Complete the Transcript Request Form and mail to your high school. If you have a GED certificate, please mail a copy directly to the school.
- If applicable, request to have official copies of your college, university, or technical school transcripts sent directly to the school of nursing. Transcripts must be submitted for all previous post-secondary education completed beyond high school.
- Submit all of the above listed items to:
UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing
5230 Centre Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
- Offer of admission
If accepted for admission, the candidate will receive a written offer of acceptance. To reserve a space in the incoming class, the candidate must acknowledge acceptance in writing.
- Post-admission requirements
Students who have attended other nursing programs and or colleges/universities in the United States may apply for admission to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing as a transfer student. For more information, please review our credit transfer policy.