Applying to UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing
Post Admission Requirements
Prior to admission, all students must obtain Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
No other form of CPR certification is acceptable.
The following agency provides the appropriate CPR certification:
Admission Health Examination
- A physical examination including varicella, rubeola, and rubella titres is required on admission.
- A PPD is required annually.
Students will be considered to be in default of their obligations under any of the following circumstances:
- fail to remain a student in good standing at the school. In good standing means abiding by all school polices and meeting all academic expectations.
- withdraw from the program and fail to return within one year from the date of withdrawal
- fail to graduate from the school for any reason
- fail to pass the state examination to become a RN within one year after graduation
- do not accept full-time employment with UPMC as a RN within three months of graduation
- denied employment with UPMC as a RN because of failure of the
- UPMC pre-employment screening process