UPMC has extensive experience, expertise, and documented success in the financial and business practices that are an essential component of solid and successful practice management. Our physician practices consistently exceed national benchmarks as published by the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and other national practice management organizations in revenue cycle indicators and days in accounts receivable.
UPMC Practice Solutions participants may have the opportunity to contract with UPMC for a full array of our management services and solutions for which we charge a fair market value rate.
The services provided include:
- Registration and scheduling software, services, and support
- Billing/revenue cycle software, services, and support
- Accounts receivable management
- Accounts payable management
- Medical management services and support
- Regulatory and compliance services and support (such as HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, etc.)
- General accounting services and support
These services are backed by the extensive experience, support, and proven track record of UPMC’s physician practice management team. The physician office/practice management program is supported by the Epic computer system, which is a nationally recognized and powerful practice management information system that is used by the practices of UPMC’s Physician Services Division (nearly 1,600 physicians currently utilize this system at UPMC).