UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center (DHEC) and Gastroenterology Associates - UPMC
UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center (DHEC) is an outpatient endoscopy facility that is recognized for a high level of specialized care in gastroenterology.
Gastroenterology Associates – UPMC is affiliated with the DHEC, and both maintain a safe and comfortable environment for patients, visitors, and employees.
UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center (DHEC)
Our state-of-the-art digestive health and endoscopy center - located in Penn Hills, PA - is equipped to provide technologically advanced medical care while meeting rigorous standards set forth by the American Practitioners of Infection Controls (APIC)
Our staff is active in the community. They promote digestive wellness through participation in prevention programs and patient education.
Services at DHEC
- Screening and therapeutic colonoscopy, including removal of polyps on sight
- Gastroscopy (Upper GI Endoscopy)
- Management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and swallowing disturbances
Our support staff includes registered nurses and medical technicians who have gastroenterology experience and ACLS certification.
Gastroenterology Associates - UPMC
Our focus is on helping individuals who are affected by diseases of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract – the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, and related organs.
Our physicians are board-certified and specialize in providing state-of-the-art medical care while treating patients with dignity and respect.
Services at Gastroenterology Associates – UPMC
- Comprehensive gastrointestinal consultation services and close follow-up
- Screening and therapeutic colonoscopy for early detection and prevention of colon cancer
- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy for early detection and treatment of Barrett’s Disease, esophageal cancer, and stomach cancer
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP
- State-of-the-art wireless capsule endoscopy of the small intestine
- State-of-the-art Esophageal and pH Monitoring Center for the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), swallowing disturbances, and non-cardiac chest pain on-site at the UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center in the eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh
- Nutrition counseling services
- Advanced liver and pancreatic diagnosis and treatment
- Non-surgical management of pancreatobiliary disease
- Up-to-date treatment of HCV and its complications
- Hemorrhoid treatment
- Endoscopic services are provided at:
- UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center
- UPMC East
- UPMC Monroeville Surgery Center
- UPMC Shadyside
- UPMC South Surgery Center
Our Specialists at UPMC Digestive Health and Endoscopy Center and Gastroenterology Associates – UPMC
A team of board-certified physicians work with you to meet all of your gastroenterological and digestive health needs: