Volunteering at UPMC Bedford
As volunteers, you become part of the UPMC team to support our mission of offering:
- Quality patient care.
- Outstanding education of our future doctors, surgeons, and health care staff.
- Cutting-edge treatments through our biomedical research.
Perks of Volunteering
- Free parking
- Free meal voucher up to $5 on volunteer days
Other benefits include:
- Helping others
- Gaining worthwhile career experience
- Making lasting friendships
Volunteer Requirements at UPMC Bedford
- Must be 15 years of age or older.
- Commitment of four hours a month.
- Attend orientation where a volunteer coordinator will match your interests and schedule with the hospital's needs.
- Submit required paperwork provided by Volunteer Coordinator.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
Volunteer Opportunities at UPMC Bedford
See below for some of the ways you can volunteer to help patients, families, and UPMC staff.
Not all opportunities listed are available at all times. Opportunities will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Clerical volunteers will be responsible for filing, organizing, and working on various projects throughout the hospital. There are various departments throughout the hospital that always need clerical help.
Nursing Unit Volunteers will assist in various ways including checking in on patients, restocking medical supplies, providing comfort items to families and patients, etc.
Patient Visitor and Transport
Tasks as a transport volunteer may include:
- Helping patients and their families throughout UPMC hospitals.
- Reading to patients.
- Playing games with patients.
- Sitting with and talking to patients and their loved ones.
Volunteers provide patients with a friendly visit and escort them to physical therapy via wheelchair.
Job shadowing is handled through the Education Department. Contact Tammie Payne with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to volunteer at UPMC Bedford.