Womancare Ob/Gyn Services and Programs
Our team of obstetricians and support staff provide the best possible care for you and your newborn. UPMC Bedford Memorial's professional staff includes obstetrician/gynecologists, certified nurse midwife, pediatricians, anesthesiologists, and nurses.
- Prenatal care
- Labor and delivery care
- Care after birth
- Advanced obstetrical services
- Prenatal and childbirth education
- Full range of midwife care
- Comfortably furnished birthing rooms
- State-of-the-art ultrasound and fetal monitoring devices
- Free newborn hearing testing
- Comprehensive preventative health testing for mother and baby
- Gynecological exams
- Family planning assistance
- Preconception care
- Menopausal management
- Counseling in health maintenance and disease prevention
Specialized care is available through direct connections with pediatricians throughout the region, and at facilities such as Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.
We continue to provide exceptional specialized care to help nature stay on course. Since our hospital's birth in 1951, 21,000 babies have made their way into the world by way of UPMC Bedford Memorial. Advanced technology and the nearby availability of obstetrics and gynecological services are just two key elements to the outstanding, personal care each mother and baby receives right here at home.
Family Support Programs
- Prepared child birth classes
- Parenting class
- Sibling class
- Smoking cessation
Contact us at 814-623-3516to register for classes or to obtain more information. These sessions are provided at no cost.
Newborn Programs and Screenings
- Gynecology services
- Shaken baby prevention program
- Newborn hearing screening program
- Neonatal supplemental screening
- Prenatal testing
- Breastfeeding class
- Hepatitis B vaccine