Primary Care at UPMC Bedford Memorial
At UPMC Bedford Memorial, our goal is to help residents in our rural community get healthy — and stay healthy.
Our primary care providers (PCPs), physician assistants, and nurse practitioners offer complete care for your entire family at offices throughout Bedford County.
Why Do You Need a Primary Care Doctor?
Having a trusted relationship with your PCP provides you with an important partner for your health care needs.
Your PCP at UPMC Bedford:
- Focuses on your total health.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles and prevention.
- Treats common medical conditions.
During routine check-ups, your PCP will record your height and weight and screen for “silent” diseases — ones you may not know you have — such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Some forms of cancer
If your PCP detects a problem, he or she will work with you to address it and track your progress.
Benefits of Having a Primary Care Physician
Your PCP will:
- Know you, your lifestyle, and your health history.
- Be your “go-to” when you’re sick.
- Provide screenings, preventive care, and physicals (school and truck driver).
- Keep a close eye on your blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol.
- Maintain your health records.
- Assess and direct your health care needs.
- Refer you to medical specialists, when you need other care.
- Work with the UPMC Bedford hospitalist following discharge to ensure a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Community Access to Lab Services
For your convenience, UPMC Bedford offers laboratory blood draw services at three primary care offices:
|Chestnut Ridge Family Medicine*
2040 Quaker Valley Rd.
Fishertown, PA 15539
*Routine x-rays available
|Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to noon.
|UPMC Bedford Internal Medicine
420 Central Way
Bedford, PA 15522
|Wednesdays, 7 to 11 a.m.
Saxton Family Practice
1709 Norris St.
Saxton, PA 16678
schedule a blood draw, call 814-977-7101.
|Fridays, 8 a.m. to noon.
In addition, UPMC Bedford diabetes educators and dieticians provide on-site services for patients at the following practices:
- Chestnut Ridge Family Medicine
- Bedford Internal Medicine
- Pennwood Family Medicine in Everett, Pa.
Find a Primary Care Physician
To find a UPMC Bedford Memorial PCP near you, call 1-800-533-8762 (UPMC) or visit our Find A Doctor website.