Volunteer at UPMC East
When you volunteer at UPMC East, you become part of Your Care Our Commitment — our pledge to patients — by supporting the four core values:
- Quality and patient safety
- Dignity and respect
- Care and compassion
- Community service
What is Required to Become a Volunteer?
- Must be 14 years old or older.
- Able to dedicate four hours per week to volunteering.
- Submit an online application (see link below).
- Once an application has been submitted, you will be contacted to set up an interview with the Manager of Volunteer Services.
- Attend an onsite volunteer orientation.
- Submit two confidential references.
- Complete a PPD skin test. (Tuberculosis skin test)
(Note: Criminal background checks are required for prospective volunteers over 18.)
Where Can I Volunteer?
The Manager of Volunteer Services will work with you to match your skills with both hospital and departmental needs. From a greeter at the information desk or a volunteer in the Emergency Department, to a pet therapy volunteer, UPMC East has a variety of opportunities available. To learn more, please contact the Volunteer Office at 412-357-3960.
Let's Get Started!
>> Apply now to volunteer at UPMC East by using our online application form.
>> Submit two confidential references (PDF)