UPMC East's Vision and Values
UPMC will lead the transformation of health care. The UPMC model will be nationally recognized for redefining health care by:
- Putting our patients, health plan members, employees, and community at the center of everything we do and creating a model that ensures that every patient gets the right care, in the right way, at the right time, every time.
- Harnessing our integrated capabilities to deliver both superb state-of-the-art care to our patients and high value to our stakeholders.
- Employing our partnership with the University of Pittsburgh to advance the understanding of disease, its prevention, treatment and cure.
- Serving the underserved and disadvantaged, and advancing excellence and innovation throughout health care.
- Fueling the development of new businesses globally that are consistent with our mission as an ongoing catalyst and driver for the benefit of the residents of the region.
Our culture represents our dedication to delivering the right care, at the right time, in the right way, every time. Patient care is our priority. The five core values we embrace are:
- Quality & Safety. We create a safe environment where quality is our guiding principle.
- Dignity & Respect. We treat all individuals with dignity and respect.
- Caring & Listening. We listen to and care for our patients, our health plan members, our fellow employees, our physicians, and our community.
- Responsibility & Integrity. We perform our work with the highest levels of responsibility and integrity.
- Excellence & Innovation. We think creatively and build excellence into everything that we do.