Concierge Volunteer Openings
Volunteers are needed to assist with the hospital concierge service, located in the newly-renovated main hospital lobby.
Hours are flexible with minimum required hours shown below.
- Be able to use computer to look up patient room numbers
- Respond to patient and visitor requests in a professional, courteous, and timely manner without exception
- Deliver items to patients’ rooms (mail, flowers, gifts, etc.)
- Provide directional assistance and escort patients and visitors as needed
- Provide wheelchair transport as needed
- Answer phones and refer calls to specific office, administrator, or patient care area
- Be willing to assist with UPMC Hamot Aid Society fundraising events
- Successfully complete hospital background pre-screening, health, and mandatory education requirements
- Complete other duties as requested such as (but not limited to) filling “personal bags” with gowns, bonnets, and booties
- Project an approachable and professional image at all times
Volunteers are members of the UPMC Hamot Aid Society, the hospital auxiliary.
Active volunteers contribute a minimum of eight hours a month and annual dues are $12.
Volunteering with the UPMC Hamot Aid Society is not a pathway to employment.