How to Apply for an Administrative Fellowship
The UPMC Administrative Fellowship is intended for immediate post-graduate training. Interested in applicants, prior to starting the fellowship program, must have a master's degree* from an accredited university** in:
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Health Administration (MHA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Or other related masters degree program
Candidates must also possess excellent analytic and communication skills, and should be motivated and self-starting. UPMC is unable to offer employer sponsorship for employment authorization for the Administrative Fellowship position.
*Candidates finishing master's degree programs requiring an administrative residency after completing classroom curriculum are eligible to apply. Accepted candidates are required to complete both years of the administrative fellowship program. Applicants who have completed their graduate studies within the last 18 months, prior to the time of application, will receive top consideration.
**The following are the accepted accrediting bodies for the UPMC fellowship:
- MBA-AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS
- MHA- CAHME
Health Services Division Administrative Fellowship in Erie County
Please be sure to follow all application instructions for consideration.
Please submit the following application materials in a single PDF to the NAFCAS portal:
- Administrative Fellowship Application Checklist (download the PDF)
- Personal Statement (two page limit):
- Describe how an administrative fellowship at UPMC aligns with your professional career goals. If you are applying to more than one UPMC Administrative Fellowship program, briefly describe your interest in each program.
- Discuss your first work experience (collor or earlier) and describe the valuable skills it gave you.
- Provide a brief summary of your hobbies and interests.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
- Official or unofficial graduate transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional, one from graduate program director or professor)
- NAFCAS requires three letters of recommendation; for the UPMC application the third letter may be someone the applicant chooses.
All Applications are due by October 2, 2017
UPMC is a proud member of the National Council of Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and will be following their uniform timeline of events.
Interested in other Administrative Fellowship Programs?
View all UPMC Administrative Fellowship programs.
*Please note, you will need to complete an online application for each Administrative Fellowship you are interested in - only one PDF will need to be submitted for all Administrative Fellowships.