How to Apply to the Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
In order to be considered for our training program, we require the following:
- Completion of the ERAS common application form
- A personal statement
- Medical school transcripts
- A letter of recommendation from the Dean or appropriate officer of your medical school (MSPE)
- At least three letters of recommendation from physicians who are acquainted with your work or capabilities
- An official copy of board scores
We participate in the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Services) Program as well as the NRMP Match.
UPMC Hamot is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
No additional information outside of ERAS is required.
Interviews will be held in December. The deadline for applications is Oct. 15.
After reviewing all applications, we will invite candidates to visit and interview at UPMC Hamot. Should you be selected for an interview, we will contact you regarding potential dates to visit.