Emergency Medicine Physicians
UPMC Hamot is seeking residency-trained Emergency Medicine Physicians who are of high-quality, patient-friendly, highly productive, and enthusiastic.
- Physician coverage is 50 hours per day with 12 hours separate physician staffing in the minor emergency area. Physician extenders are used for additional coverage in both areas 36 hours per day. There are 24 to 48 hours of emergency medicine resident coverage per day. One physician FTE is dedicated to overnight staffing to minimize overnight shift responsibility.
- We treat a diverse patient population with moderate to high acuity. Our 25,000 square foot, state-of-the-art Emergency Department has 35 private patient rooms including three dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms and in-department radiology and CT suites.
- We have a patient tracking system, bedside registration, and in-house dictation.
- The Emergency Department volume is currently over 66,000 patients per year and is growing.
- UPMC Hamot's growing relationships with hospitals in our region provides additional opportunities for Emergency Medicine Physicians.