Disaster Crisis Outreach Referral Team (DCORT)
Emotional Support After a Disaster
The Disaster Crisis Outreach Referral Team's (DCORT) specially trained volunteers support the main victims of disasters.
DCORT helps these victims:
- Cope with the emotional impact of the events.
- Meet their basic needs by providing referrals and information.
DCORT is a program of Erie County Department of Human Services, Office of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
Services for Disaster Victims
DCORT's services and programs include:
- Supportive listening — one-on-one support and crisis counseling with disaster victims.
- Education — help victims learn ways to manage their reactions and find ways to take care of themselves and heal from the disaster.
- Action planning — help disaster victims decide their priorities and design a plan of
action to reorganize their lives.
- Info. and referrals — give information and make referrals to disaster aid and human services resources.
- Emergency preparedness — work with other emergency management agencies in cooperative drills, training, and planning for statewide disasters.
To request DCORT services or learn more, call Erie County CISM Team at 814-451-2322.