Cardiovascular Disease Management
The UPMC Hamot cardiovascular disease management team works with adult and geriatric patients who are diagnosed with cardiovascular disease and other chronic illnesses such as COPD.
Services offered include:
- Individualized education and discharge instructions for patients who have undergone cardiac procedures.
- Individualized education on management of chronic diseases such as heart failure and COPD.
- Phase I cardiac rehab for patients who have undergone heart surgery.
- Family screenings to evaluate an individual’s risk for developing heart disease.
- Referral to outpatient resources to assist with lifestyle modifications.
- Community presentations and speaking engagements.
For information, contact Lynn Durst BSN, RN-BC at 814-877-3286.
Strong Hearts Support Group
This group, led by cardiac nurses, is for people living with heart failure. Family members and friends are also welcome to attend. Guest speakers are invited each meeting to provide information on how to live a healthier life. Refreshments are provided.
Meetings are the first Wednesday of April, June, September, and December at 3 p.m. at the UPMC Hamot Heart and Vascular Institute, 120 E. Second St. Attendance is free and parking will be validated.
To register contact a member of the cardiovascular disease management team at 814-877-6724.