Dr. Dean Ornish Program
The Dr. Dean Ornish Program for Reversing Heart Disease® is a unique and innovative approach to treating coronary artery disease and diabetes. The program is designed for people who want to:
- Prevent heart disease
- Reduce risks for developing heart disease
- Learn lifestyle changes to help manage diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease
The program is scientifically proven to reverse the progression of heart disease through lifestyle modification that includes:
- Moderate aerobic exercise
- Stress management techniques
- Group, social support
- A low-fat, whole-foods nutrition plan
Participants experience no increased health risks and in fact may reduce their need for invasive procedures. In addition, participants experience:
- A reduction in blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Loss of weight and body fat
- Decreased levels of stress
- A reduction in the frequency and severity of angina (chest pain)
For more information on this program, call 814-877-5481 or email us.
The Dean Ornish Program is designed to help:
- People who are considering bypass, angioplasty, or stents but are seeking an option that may reduce the need for these procedures.
- People who have previously experienced heart procedures and want to minimize the chance of having repeat procedures.
- People with diabetes (who are considered to have the same risk level for heart disease as those who have already been diagnosed with heart disease).
- People with risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, or family history of heart disease.