The Spectrum Program
The Spectrum Program is a six-week, lecture-based education program based upon Dr. Ornish’s research and best-selling book The Spectrum.
This program meets once per week for two hours over six weeks and is designed for:
- People wanting to prevent and/or reduce the risk for developing chronic conditions.
- People interested in learning how lifestyle choices can help to manage diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, and cancer.
The Spectrum Program provides a personalized approach to customizing:
- Changes in your eating plan
- Decisions in how you become more active
- Choices associated with managing the stress in your life
- Approaches that enhance our connection with self and others
This wellness program is delivered to you by the UPMC Hamot Ornish Team, including a medical director, registered nurse, exercise physiologist, registered dietitian, clinical psychologist, and stress management specialist.