Great Lakes Surgical Specialists
Our general surgeons possess a large breadth of knowledge in dealing with both routine and complex surgical procedures. The physicians at Great Lakes Surgical Specialists are also board-certified trauma surgeons and work directly with the Emergency Department of UPMC Hamot, which is the only hospital in the region to offer 24/7 coverage for general and trauma surgery.
Treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer disease, gallbladder disease
- Appendicitis, bowel obstructions, malignancies of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, small intestine, and colon
Great Lakes Surgical Specialists offers a complete range of services, including:
- Colon resection
- Single-site cholecystectomy
- Gastrectomy, diagnostic procedure of esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), which is an exam and biopsy of the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Laparoscopic management of achalasia, GERD, and large hiatal and paraesophageal hernias
- Liver biopsy