UPMC Hamot was the first in the Erie region to bring you digital mammography. Digital mammography provides:
- Greater accuracy. For women age 50 or younger, digital mammograms are especially effective in detecting changes in dense breast tissue.
- Faster imaging and readings. Screening mammograms usually take a quick 15 minutes. And in most cases, results are ready within just 24 to 48 hours.
- Continuity of care. Sharing digital imagery among doctors is easier than ever.
Appointments for a digital mammogram can be made at UPMC Hamot Women’s Imaging. To schedule an appointment, call 814-877-6123.
Breast Health Navigators
The Breast Health Navigation Program provides education and emotional support for patients and family members and acts as a liaison between the patient and their treatment. Our goal is to help ensure truly seamless care, and to provide support for patients and families.
- UPMC Hamot's breast health navigators are specifically trained in breast health care.
- They are educated in understanding the types of breast disease, including cancer, signs and symptoms, early detection techniques, and treatments. The navigators help patients and families to steer through the maze of care providers, patient support organizations, and related components of the health care system.
- With guidance from the breast health navigators, patients can count on the timely delivery of diagnostics, treatment, and follow-up services — key components to successful recovery.
- There is no charge for the breast health navigator services.
- To schedule an appointment, call 814-877-5360. Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.