Imaging Services at UPMC Hamot
UPMC Hamot Imaging Services provides advanced technology to ensure diagnoses are as accurate as possible. Patients have access to leading-edge equipment, along with specially trained technologists and expert radiologists, enabling UPMC Hamot to offer some of the most advanced diagnoses and minimally invasive treatments available today.
A wide range of radiology procedures include:
- Computerized tomography (CT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Digital mammography
- Nuclear medicine studies
- General radiology
Imaging technology at UPMC Hamot includes:
- Four multi-slice CT scanners, including 16- and 64-slice units, which allow gathering of more information in the shortest time. Our scanners have a weight capacity of up to 450 pounds.
- UPMC Hamot Women’s Imaging offers state-of-the-art breast health services that include digital mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, and breast health navigators. All of these factors ensure that our patients are cared for in a comprehensive and time-sensitive manner.
- UPMC Hamot's network of imaging centers features state-of-the-art equipment, nationally registered technologists, and board-certified radiologists.
Film Report Management
Ordering physicians normally receive the radiologist's report within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. Film or CD reproductions of images are available for pickup 24/7 at UPMC Hamot and at UPMC Hamot Imaging at Sterling Square from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Proof of identification is required at the time of pickup.