Neurointerventional Radiology for Brain and Spine Conditions
Neurointerventional radiologists at the UPMC Hamot Neuroscience Institute provide specialized care for your brain or spine condition.
Neurointerventional radiology offers minimally invasive treatments designed to provide relief from debilitating pain and correct life-threatening neurologic conditions.
Benefits of treatment can include:
- Lower risk than invasive forms of surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery
Conditions We Treat with Neurointerventional Radiology
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Blood clots
- Brain aneurysm
- Spinal compression fractures
Surgical and Minimally Invasive Treatments
Cordell Preciado, MD, medical director of Neurointerventional Surgery and Stroke Intervention at UPMC Hamot, is experienced in neurovascular care, including surgical and minimally invasive treatment options such as:
- An embolization procedure used for arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) in which a liquid surgical material is injected into the AVM to cause it to shrink.
- Endovascular embolization is a treatment option for brain aneurysm, also known as an intracranial or intracerebral aneurysm, which involves the insertion of a hollow tube and passing a small coil into the aneurysm to fill the weak spot.
For more information about neurointerventional radiology treatments, please call 814-877-4990.