Gynecologic Oncology at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot
Having cancer is a scary and stressful time in your life. Getting world-class gynecologic cancer care close to home makes a big difference during an already hard time.
At Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot, you can consult with leading oncologists from Pittsburgh and receive much of your care right here in Erie.
We offer consults with experts who come to Erie from Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC in Pittsburgh. You can also have virtual consults through telemedicine links.
In some cases, you may need treatment right away. We can arrange the transfer of your care to Pittsburgh.
We work with the team at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC to help you manage:
- Travel and transport
We do our best to reduce the number of trips you need to make. And you can receive follow-up and cancer survivor care here in Erie.
Types of Gynecologic Cancers We Treat
Our experts work as a team to diagnose and treat:
- Cervical cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Ovarian, peritoneal, and fallopian tube cancer
Gynecologic Cancer Treatments
You have access to many advanced treatments here in Erie.
Gynecologic cancer treatments at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot include:
- Surgery, including minimally invasive techniques
Radiation therapy is offered to patients at Regional Cancer Center.
Our skilled surgeons have training in laparoscopic and robot-assisted gynecologic surgery.
These minimally invasive methods:
- Shorten your recovery time.
- Reduce pain.
- Leave you with smaller scars.
- Lessen the chances of infection.
You're able to get back home and start healing faster.
Our Gynecologic Cancer Experts
Our care team is up-to-date on the latest technologies and treatments in gynecologic cancer.
- John Comerci, MD, offers gynecologic oncology and general ob-gyn care. He also has subspecialty training in cancer surgery.
- Jessica Berger, MD, has training in ob-gyn and sub-specializes in gynecologic cancers.
- Robert Edwards, MD, offers gynecologic cancer and ob-gyn services. He has subspecialty training in bloodless medicine as well.
- Beth Padin, PA-C, provides consults and follow-up care full-time in Erie.
Make an Appointment for Gynecologic Cancer Care
Call 814-877-8950 to make an appointment at Magee-Womens, UPMC Hamot Ob-Gyn Specialty Center.